- Someone using your credit card with your knowledge and consent to make a purchase
- Someone properly exercising a legally granted power of attorney on your behalf
- Someone making up a fake name and signing into a hotel—this may be a crime, but it’s not identity theft
- Funds stolen from victim’s bank account:
- Unauthorized transactions on victim’s credit / debit cards or withdrawals:
- Fraudulent Credit and debit cards applied in victim’s name
- Fraudulent bank loans applied in victim’s name
- New phone connection taken to carry out forgery
- Email ids or social network profile created using false information
- Applying and earning a job with victim’s ID
- Illegal acts by applying for new driver’s license or passport – Fake ID
- Fake tax return filing for refunds
- Get you arrested for illegal acts
- Legal hassles – Any small incident can disrupt your life & put you in legal hassles for recovery of your identity
- Mental / psychological trauma – Victim goes through increased level of stress
- Rising Id theft incidences - 49% of India’s online population, or more than 115 million Indians, are affected by cybercrime. India has the second highest number of victims - Norton 2016
- Everyone is prone – All are prone with some at higher risks: Households with higher income; over information sharing during life events such as new wedding, new house, new born child, separated couple; children clean credit histories
- Risks are huge (Financial, reputational) – Stolen funds or unauthorized transactions on credit/debit cards or bank accounts, arrest for crime committed by identity theft criminals, reputational damage, affected victim’s ability to get a job / rent / take a loan
- Week cyber laws in India – Weaker data privacy & victim friendly laws, weaker law enforcement, limited cyber police in terms of availability and skill set
- Legal hassles to restore identity – 1 in 5 victims spend more than a month in legal hassles in resolving problems resulting from identity theft
- Ignorant victims – Lack of awareness in taking top notch preventive measures for safe online behavior
- Data breaches and hacks: Mid to large scale data breach at companies who maintain your record e.g. email id, mobile number, name, dob, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, insurance details, medical details etc
- ATM overlay: Thieves install card readers in ATM / swipe machine to create clone cards
- Malware / Virus / Phishing: Hacking website, internet program or file sharing network through malware / virus to access private information
- Garbage diving: Sort through garbage for old bills, receipts, other discarded personal information
- Unauthorized copying: Photocopying a copy of your Identity Proof without your consent given for a purpose,
- Theft: Wallet or purse theft to obtain your identity cards, credit and bank cards Unsecured website or public wi-fi: It has high risk where personal information can be hacked
- High income earners: With more disposable income , they shop more, have larger data footprints, & have common passwords, increasing their risk
- Frequent Social media users: People who posts more frequently about their personal life on Social Media .
- Children: Because children may take longer time to realize that they have been victims.
- Aged people: Senior citizens, who are less tech savvy and less skeptical about abnormal behaviours , are more vulnerable to identity theft.
OneAssist is committed to excellent customer service. For reporting identity theft incident you can.
In case of offline or online fraud on your bank cards or bank account, loss due to phishing or email spoofing, unpaid bills / transactions due to identity theft, reputational recovery you can call our toll free number 1800 123 3330. Our service experts will assist you.
- Identity alert: OneAssist cyber scanning advanced technology works 24/7 scanning internet properties like websites, blogs, bulletin boards, peer-to-peer sharing networks and IRC chat rooms to identify the illegal trading and selling of your personal information. Benefits include-
1) Global scanning: It is designed for data collection on an international level, regardless of a country’s credit system or language so it detects cyber risk globally
2) Scanning millions of data points: Monitoring thousands of websites and millions of data points, alerting consumers if we find their personal information in a compromised position online
3) Real time alert: Customers will receive near real-time alerts so that consumers to react quickly and take the necessary steps to protect themselves
- Social media alert: Social media monitoring notifies you about any privacy or reputational risks associated with the content you have shared on any of the social media accounts. You may link your Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram accounts. Types of risks you may receive:
1) Privacy risk : Searches for instances where your personal information is exposed from any of your linked Social Accounts - for e.g profile info, Date of Birth, Location etc
2) Reputation risk : Notifies you when someone posts obscene/abusive/sexual content on your timeline , tags you in an obscene content or when someone bullies you etc etc
- Identity alert: Register personal information such as:
1) email id ( You don’t need to enter any password) - Maximum 10
2) mobile number - Maximum 10
3) credit card / debit card number (We don’t take CVV, expiry date or card holder name) - Maximum 10
4) bank account number ( You don’t need to enter any password) - Maximum 10
5) National id number (pan card number, Driving license number, passport number) -
- Social media alert: Link your social media accounts. You will have to link each of social media account one by one, through standard authorization flow.
1) Facebook - Max 1 account
2) Twitter - Max 1 account
3) Instagram - Max 1 account
4) Linkedin - Max 1 account
|How banks / credit card providers / alert you?||How OneAssist alert is completely different?|
|Send real time notification of any transactions on your account / card once it has happened||- OneAssist will scan globally to check if your credit / debit card number has been compromised or being traded online on dark web|
- OneAssist alerts will tell you what all details have been leaked e.g. CVV, expiry date, email, name etc. associated with your card number
- Customer can proactively block his credit / debit cards so that any fraud transactions / associated trouble can be avoided completely
|Call / IVR when high worth transaction has happened for risk mitigation once it has happened||- OneAssist alert is proactive / preventive in nature. We alert whenever there is possible compromise of your card numbers|
- We also send reminder Email / SMS to our customers, in case they miss to check the real time alert SMSs/Emails
|Send monthly account statements so that you can check for any fraudulent behavior yourself||In addition to near real time alert, OneAssist will send reminders (if alerts are not checked), send recommended actions to control detected vulnerability, and also share monthly statement of alerts to put you in control of your identity|
|How social media sends you alerts?||How OneAssist social media alerts are different?|
|Facebook: Get notification when someone posts on your wall, when you get a new friend request, new chat, activities on posts that you share, etc etc||- Privacy risk alert: Searches for instances where your personal information is exposed from any of your linked Social Accounts - for e.g profile info, Date of Birth, Location etc|
- Reputation risk alert: Notifies you when someone posts obscene or abusive content on your timeline , tags you in an obscene content, when someone bullies you etc etc
- Instead of generic activity based alerts, OneAssist alerts are highly personalized, so that you can proactively take actions and curtail the risk
|Linkedin: Get notifications for updates from people in your network, activity on your shares or posts, career opportunities etc|
|Twitter: Get notification when your tweets are liked or retweeted, someone mentions you, you gain a new follower etc|
|Instagram: Get notification when users like or comment on your posts, follow your account etc etc|
- Credit / debit cards: Strange purchases & fraudulent transactions from your compromised credit / debit cards within or outside India
- Bank account: Unauthorized and fraudulent fund transfers from your compromised bank account to unknown accounts
- Email account: Hacked email id leads to privacy compromise where criminals can “spy and steal” your private data. Also any confidential OTP for bank / card transactions can also be extracted from your email account.
- Mobile number: Through SIM swapping or porting your number to a new carrier, hacker may get access to your calls and text, get your cell services terminated. A more dangerous risk is hacker getting access to your SMS, leading to access to your confidential OTPs
- Driving license: It can be used to create fake id cards or use your id to defraud others. Criminal can impersonate you and fool traffic police, take new sim connections, open bank accounts, take out credit cards, take bank loans in your name etc..
- Passport: Several fragments of personal information could be useful to an identity thief: your full legal name, date of birth, photograph, address, passport number etc. It can be used to impersonate you and take new sim connections, open bank accounts, take out credit cards, make loans, book flights, take visa etc. in your name
- Pan card: Pan number can be misused for high ticket purchases or benami property transactions. Such transactions may be recorded by income tax department and any associated tax liabilities may come to you
- Social media accounts Linkedin / Twitter / Facebook / instagram -
1) Steal your personal information
2) Post on your behalf, which may harm your reputation
3) Can access to your private conversations/chat
4) Can access your personal Photos/Videos
5) Can post obscene content on your behalf
6) Hacker/theive can change your Profile Name, Picture etc to some objectionable content on your half
7) Forced Unwanted Share: The hacker may just share a link on your behalf to some website which has an enticing title to it, while tagging many of your friends. As a matter of fact, your friends may be tempted to open the link, totally unaware of the fact that your account has been hacked. The website link may instead open to a page full of Trojans and malware which may pose a risk
- Signup for free for basic plan for <30> days & get all the benefits of cyber risk detection
- Activate plan by registering your personal information (credit card number, email ids, mobile number, bank account number, national ids) and linking social media accounts
- Checkout alert report & measure your cyber risk
For cancelling your both basic and premium plans simply call our call center on 1800 123 3330 and our service experts will assist you with your plan cancellations
Upper Limits on various types of personal Information
- OneAssist IDfence plan allows you to register your personal information (e.g. credit card number, email ids, mobile number etc.) and link your social media accounts, and OneAssist uses its technology to globally monitor any compromise pertaining to your personal information.
- There is upper limit against each of the data points that you can add as per below table. When you take a new plan, Monitoring Summary will start with low. The more cyber elements or social media account you register for monitoring, the higher your Monitoring Summary score will be.
Upper Limits on various Social Media Accounts
|Cyber Information||Upper limit|
|Credit/Debit Card numbers||10|
|Bank Account numbers||10|
|Driver's License number||1|
|Pan card number||1|
|Social Media Account||Max number of accounts that can be linked|
OneAssist has highly skilled security team and use latest security technologies and framework to safeguard your information. Customer trusts OneAssist with respect to sensitive data is number one concern for us.
- User Id and Password: Customer only have the ability to access OneAssist account through the Login ID and Password that you created during registration.
- Strong Data Encryption: We use SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.2 technology to encrypt information exchange
- Safe Data Storage and Access Control: Minimum data from customer is taken which is needed for providing the services. Customer Data resides safely in OneAssist and is protected by Firewall. Highly critical information such as your password, card details etc. are stored in the database in an encrypted format, thereby preventing misuse of data even by any remote possibility. We also take regular back-ups of customer data to prevent any loss
No ! You cannot add someone else’s personal information under your ID fence membership.
As of now, IDfence doesn’t have any family plans. However, you can always ask your family member to opt for IDfence plan using their own credentials.
Upon cancelation or expiry of your plans, you will stop getting any monitoring or recovery related benefits associated with your plans.
However, you can reactivate your plan at a later stage & you won’t have to re-register your personal information
Whenever you add/register a new data point (say your Debit Card , Credit Card etc), we scan our database to check if there was any potential compromise of your personal information in last 8 years (for cyber information) or last 45 days (for Social Accounts). Then we make a customized consolidated report will details of all those compromises and send it to you.
Once you register a data point , typically it will take around 24- 48 hours to receive the first time report for that particular data point
Credit score is a 3 digit number that varies between 300 and 900 and it represents the financial reputation/creditworthiness of an individual. It is checked by lenders/financial institutions while giving a loan or credit card. Credit score, simply indicates the trustworthiness of a borrower to pay off the loan without defaults or any delay.
Credit Information Report (CIR), or commonly known as credit report, lists your credit pattern (loans and credit cards) in the past. It also includes your credit score. A credit report details history of credit payments, delays, defaults, each credit account and it’s status, active, settled and so on.
Credit bureaus get in touch with your lenders, banks, credit companies to obtain your credit information. And your credit report is generated on the basis of your credit details submitted by your lenders to credit bureaus every month.
If not today, maybe sometime in the future you might need financial help. Then you turn to your bank or other financial institutions and they will ask for your credit score before giving any loans. A healthy credit score will help you get a higher loan amount and at a better rate.
Yes it will affect your credit score. Your credit report takes into account your role as a guarantor to a loan. It is so because if the primary applicant is not able to pay off the loan, you will have to make the balance payments. And it will further affect your credit score adversely in case you too are unable to repay the balance payments.
Though it is extremely rare, but it might happen if the bank or NBFC switched your records with someone else while reporting the data. Or in the worst case, if you have become a victim of identity theft, your PAN or Aadhar card is stolen by someone to obtain a loan/credit card. In either of the scenarios, you should contact your bank and get it rectified.
Time may not be the right answer for it, but your efforts and consistency count in improving your credit score. It could take months or even years but it all depends on how soon you start making efforts towards improving your score and how consistent you’re in making those efforts.